This introduction to R workshop is presented by the The Canadian Institute of Ecology and Evolution (CIEE) and is held in conjunction with GENOMES TO/AUX BIOMES MONTREAL 2014.Sunday, May 25, 2014. Register here.
In collaboration with Montreal R User groups, we will be the official provider of introductory R workshops. Before coming to to the workshop, please have a look at the getting started with R document.
You will need your laptop with R and RStudio installed.
- The R command line
- Using R as a calculator
- Seeking help
- Installing packages
- Creating a project in R-Studio
- Creating data that is appropriate for use with R
- Data formats
- Common mistakes
- Looking at your data
- Exporting data
- Your first (great) R plot
- Grammar of graphics
- More advanced plots
- Available plot elements and when to use them
- Saving a plot
- Fine tuning your plot
Section 4: A la Carte (time permitting) !
- Data manipulation (reshape and plyr)
- Programming with Loops & Conditionals
- Intro to Simulation
- Q & A
Check back here for slides and accompanying material for this workshop.